A good choice for developing ON gara is using eclipse. At the time of writing, “ganymede” is the current release, so this tutorial makes use of that release. Here is a little installation howto:
Go to eclipse.org and download your choice of distribution - classic fits at least.
Along with eclipse you need some plugins to make eclipse work for you. These are:
- Subversive + Connectors
- Aptana JS, CSS and HTML Editor
Except Aptana and Subversive connectors you will get everything using the eclipse update manager (Help > Software Updates …).
In the upper right corner of eclipse there is the perspective switch. Choose “SVN Repository …” - if not present add it to the list via the add-icon.
In the “SVN Repositories” view, add the gara svn repo.
- Click the add button to open the Repository Location editor.
- On the general tab, you need to enter the URL which is “https://gara.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gara”. Enter your sf.net account details below.
- On the advanced tab, check the “Enable Structure Detection”.
- Click Finish, the repo will be added to the list. You can browse the repository there.
- Right click on the repository location and choose “Find/Check out as…” to check out the gara repository into your eclipse. Follow the wizard from there on …
My current eclipse configuration throws an error when retrieving issues from sourceforge. So… need to wait until bug is fixed, then I am able to write up some lines here.